Chances are you or someone you know has been affected by autism. Today, one in 110 American children and countless friends and family members across the country are touched daily by the effects of autism. To honor individuals who are extraordinary champions for those affected by autism in their family, home and community, Lindt is hosting the third annual Lindt Unsung Heroes of Autism program. This year, Lindt is seeking to recognize three unsung heroes who demonstrate a strong commitment and make impactful contributions to the autism cause. The program is part of Lindt’s third Easter season partnership with Autism Speaks. Now is your opportunity to help Lindt find a 2011 Unsung Hero of Autism by submitting a nomination!
How to Nominate Someone
You can submit a nomination for yourself or someone you know* at www.LindtGoldBunny.com, through February 15. It’s an easy process – just submit some basic information and a 250-500 word essay that describes how the nominee embodies a Lindt Unsung Hero of Autism. Nominations will be judged by representatives from Lindt and Parents magazine based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of a strong and sustained commitment to autism, including a personal sacrifice
- Illustration of a creative and innovative concept that furthers the goals of living with autism, raising awareness and/or research initiatives in his/her community
- Impact of individual contributions on the lives of others or on his/her community who are impacted by autism
- Identifiable changes that have been the result of the individual’s activities
What the 2011 Lindt Unsung Heroes Will Receive
The three 2011 Lindt Unsung Heroes will be announced early this spring and will be honored with the following.
- A $5,000 cash award
- Their story posted on LindtGoldBunny.com during the Easter season
- A Lindt-hosted celebratory event within their community
- Paid travel to New York this spring, where they will be recognized at a Lindt Unsung Heroes of Autism luncheon with representatives from Lindt and Autism Speaks
For more information or to view the official rules and guidelines please visit www.LindtGoldBunny.com.
An Easy Way You Can Support the Autism Cause!
Do you “like” the Lindt USA Facebook page? If not, now is the perfect time to visit the page and “like” it, and help further support the autism cause! Beginning this week, Lindt will be hosting a Facebook fan count donation page at Facebook.com/LindtChocolate. Each time a fan “likes” the page Lindt will donate $1 to Autism Speaks, up to $5,000.
*For official rules and guidelines, please visit LindtGoldBunny.com