Lindt recently asked readers to submit their favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipe containing Lindt Chocolate. A variety of different desserts have been submitted and it has been difficult selecting my favorites! Deb L. submitted this Decadent Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart recipe.
This recipe shows how simple it can be to create a delicious dessert! Dark chocolate and raspberries pair beautifully to create a symphony of flavor. The mini tarts are perfect to take to Holiday parties or to serve at home. Best of all, you can make them in advance so you don’t have to miss any time with friends and family! Thank you Deb, for using premium Lindt chocolate in your recipe and sharing it with us on Lindt Chocolate Unwrapped.
Master Chocolatier – Lindt USA
Deb L.: “I originally developed this recipe for my family, who loves dark chocolate. It has since become a favorite everywhere I go. I have been asked to make these tarts for everything from faculty luncheons to weddings. They are relatively easy to make and with the superior taste of Lindt Chocolate, absolutely divine!”
- 1 cup sugar, ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup cocoa
- 3 Lindt Classic Recipes Dark Chocolate Bars chopped
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teasoon respberry extract
- Grease either individual tart pans or one 9 inch pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- Add egg.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Press about 1 Tablespoon of dough into individual tart pans. If using pie dish, press dough into bottom and up sides of pie dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prick dough several times with a fork so that dough won’t puff up during baking.
- Bake tart pans for 10 to 12 minutes and pie dish for 17 to 20 minutes, or until dough is set and no longer shiny. If using tart pans, remove dough from pans and allow to cool completely. If using pie dish, allow dough to cool completely in pan.
- Place egg yolks, jam, extract and chocolate into a blender.
- Cook cream over medium heat just until it comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour cream over blender ingredients.
- Cover and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into tart pans or pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and white chocolate curls, if desired.
Makes 20 individual tarts or one 9 inch pie which serves 12.
If you would like to submit your original Lindt Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe, submit your recipe before November 19th for your chance to win a $100 Lindt Chocolate gift card.