The grand prize winning recipe for the Lindt Fall Recipe Contest is the Palm Beach Chocolate Praline Cheesecake by Wolfgang H. from West Palm Beach, Florida. Wolfgang created this cheesecake in honor of a dear friend and now it has become his signature dessert. Made with Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Nut Crunch and Lindt Grandeur Dark Hazelnut Chocolate bar, it is simply delicious! Congratulations Wolfgang!
For the crust:
- 1 3.5 oz bar LINDT Excellence 70 % Cocoanut crunch bar, ground or very finely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp melted sweet butter
For the Filling:
- Three 8-oz packages (24 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup LINDT Grandeur (5.3 oz) dark hazelnut chocolate bar finely chopped
For the Chocolate Praline Sauce:
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 Tbsp sweet butter
- ½ cup LINDT chocolate fudge sauce
- 1 cup LINDT grandeur (5.3 oz) dark hazelnut chocolate bar, chopped
- Combine all ingredients and press into the bottom pf a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Combine the cream cheese with the grown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, beating until smooth.
- Stir in LINDT finely chopped hazelnut chocolate bar.
- Pour into crust and bake in a preheated 300 degrees F hot oven for 90 minutes (until barely set) Cake will continue to set as it cools.
- Cool on rack without removing mold. Cake may be prepared up to 48 hours in advance, if covered and refrigerated.
The Chocolate Praline Sauce:
- Heat brown sugar and butter, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk in LINDT chocolate fudge sauce. Bring to a boil.
- While whisking, boil for 5 minutes until sugar begins barely to caramelize.
- Add chopped LINDT hazelnut chocolate bar.
- Cool to, lukewarm Serve cake slices with ladle of sauce.
Makes one 9-inch cake – 12-16 slices