The South Beach Wine & Food Fest is “a national, star-studded, four-day destination event showcasing the talents of the world’s most renowned wine and spirits producers, chefs and culinary personalities.” More importantly, Lindt was there to sample some of the exquisite Excellence flavors and pair our chocolate bars with the finest selection of wines by Ferrari-Carano Vineyards. Lindt sampled the Excellence 70% Cocoa, Excellence 85% Cocoa, Excellence Chili, and Excellence Sea Salt bars. Excellence Sea Salt definitely stole the show, with its contrast of dark chocolate and Fleur de Sel sea salt crystals. The best part was when visitors stopped by the sampling area and professed their love for Lindt Excellence while sharing their experiences enjoying Lindt chocolate.
The pairing of Excellence and wine added another dimension to the entire dark chocolate tasting experience. The chocolate flavors selected and the wines paired by our Master Chocolatier were very popular. In December, Lindt Chocolate Unwrapped gave readers some tasty wine and chocolate pairing suggestions and below is the delicious combinations we shared with event participants:
- Excellence 70% with Ferrari-Carano Merlot
- Excellence 85% with Ferarri-Carano PreVail West Face (Cabernet Sauvignon & Syrah blend)
- Excellence A Touch of Sea Salt with Ferrari-Carano Eldorado Gold (Semillon & Sauvignon Blanc blend)
- Excellence Chili with Ferrari-Carano Cabernet Sauvignon
How to Win – The Lindt Excellence team is excited to give consumers the opportunity to win with the Excellence “Perfect Pairing” Sweepstakes. You can enter for a chance to win a luxurious weekend package for two to California’s wine country or over a hundred daily prizes.
The grand prize includes:
- A private Excellence chocolate and wine pairing experience
- A stay at Vintner’s Inn in Santa Rosa, California
- Wine tasting tour at Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery
- Tickets to the exclusive Taste of Sonoma Festival
The sweepstakes will run until July 31, 2011. To enter, simply visit LindtExcellence.com. Good luck and enjoy!
Share with us: What is your favorite wine and chocolate pairing?